3/31/2011

project::embroidery restyle


I thrifted these pretty embroideries for
just a few dollars for the pair and thought they would make a cute restyle project! There are a few areas in our house that have been needing wall hangings so I am always on the lookout for things to display at home and I couldn't pass these handmade florals up.


The red/burgundy frames got a few rounds of spray paint and I took them all apart, washed them and re-framed them. They now reside in our living room and were part of the outfit post seen here (they were the restyle item and the skirt was made by me!)




Now that the weather is getting warmer and sunnier Jason and I are both feeling motivated to get back into some home improvements that had been on hold over the winter. Here are a few projects on my summer to do list: fireplace makeover, finish bathroom (just the small one downstairs this summer!), redo the sewing room and a bedroom update with pretty wallpaper! Do you have any summer home renovation goals? h&k, Mandi

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the fireplace make over! We bought a mantle and have yet to put it up yet but I really want to do something extra special with it but can't decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out awesome!! I love how the frames look on the green wall!
    I am planning to clean and organized my craft/storage/junk room. My college daughter is moving home for the summer and we need to clean it and fix it up for her again...too much junk/craft in there right now...LOL I am also planning to redo our bathroom...fun times I am sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these did turn out great! How cute.. the perfect touch to the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a difference a coat of fresh paint makes! I am a HUGE fan of framed embroideries. I found one at a sale that has A to Z flowers with their names and the flower next to it. Asters to Zinnias. I also found one last week and an estate sale with flowers that says: All You Need Is Love. Big fan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I was like..what did you change? And then I was like...oh it's so much better! The lighter frames give such a nicer atmosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wall color! I would have never thought that would work on a wall and it looks awesome with the frames!

    Hilary
    theyoungandthenaive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very much brightens up your little nook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful treasures!! I have two baby boys too! Yours are adorable! {we have so much in common between our boys and thrifting} Thanks for visiting my blog. xo Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looove it! The white frames make it look so fresh and bright against your pretty walls! You are just so awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's AWESOME! I would never have thought that just a little paint would make those so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete