5/13/2011

just checkin' in/city girl, country girl?


Wow, it has been a bit of a crazy week around here! We are in the midst of full on bathroom renovations (that means no operational shower for about 5 days - glad that part is over!!) because we have recently started discussing the idea of selling our house and moving to the country (gasp!). We have been where we are in Kingston for about two years and are thinking that we may like to raise the boys outside the city and relocate to a more rural and relaxed area. I want to have a little sewing shed/studio and Jason is excited for more property and outdoorsy type things. What do you think? Are you a city girl or country girl? h&k, Mandi

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I hope you find the house of your dreams!

    I keep going back and forth between city and country -- in one sense I love that we're close to everything (stores, parks, malls, etc), but in another sense I love large, private yards. I'm not a fan of bugs though and my husband is totally against well water and satellite to I don't think we'll be moving to the country any time soon ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that is totally our dream. I am definitely more country...I think. I have never lived in the country but I'm pretty sure I would be in heaven with a little more space...a HUGE veggie/herb garden...a studio for myself would be a must...an area for the kids and dogs to roam freely...yea, definitely country. DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to think I was a country girl, but then I moved to the city and LOVED it. Now, I am back in the country(ish), and dearly miss the city.

    So, I've decided, I'm a city girl who likes to take trips to the country often ;P

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there are so many great things about city living and all of it's conveniences but part of me just has a huge soft spot for open spaces and country air! we are totally keeping our eyes ope for that perfect house in the right location now :)

    ReplyDelete